Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Drop in December new-home sales fuels concern over recent gains US economy grows at fastest rate in 6 years

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I believe the keep spending at the mall comment was in reaction to 9/11.
Perhaps he knew
just how much our economy relied on consumer spending?

Wes

Perhaps he knew that he didn't have enough support to put the country on a
war footing, asking for sacrifices.

That is possible.

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul, who won the straw vote at the recent CPAC convention, he has
held the position that for the US to get into a foreign conflict, Congress should have to
declare war with all that entails. I agree with him on that.

WWII was the last time we did it right.

Wes