Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default OT donate to sen. bennett and sen. gillibrand

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ha! I thought you were talking about the health plans managed by the federal
Office of Personnel Management. g They run the FEHB program for federal
employees.

I was wondering what you thought I meant by OPM.

FWIW, Larry is full of crap. The public option has nothing to do with the
subsidy plans. It scares the hell out of private insurance companies
because, if it's run as well as Medicare, it will beat their prices by 15% -
25% or more.

Will it run as bad as Medicaid?

The trouble with it is that the private insurers will try to co-opt it,
through lobbying, so that it becomes the sinkhole for people with
pre-existing conditions. Then costs will go up, and the private insurers can

Ed, I hope you realize there are a lot of people that really think the public option is
going to be affordable as in 100 to 200 bucks a month. That isn't going to happen.

I'd still like to see a rate schedule for the public option, the particulars of what is
covered, co pays, and all that messy stuff that ruins the dream.

Wes