Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
T.Alan Kraus T.Alan Kraus is offline

Default Question re. antique auto restoration . . .

Robert Swinney wrote:
When "restoring" a vintage car how does one handle the ignition system? It seems a more faithful
restoration would leave the original ignition components intact. But, OTOH, switching to modern
solid state would be the best plan. Please advise.

Bob Swinney

Personally I like to keep what's best for what the vehicle is for. For a
vintage performance sports car I keep the looks, the excellent motor,
but get the best available components for it. as well as best
suspension, transmission components and tires.