Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Climate Change for Wingers (IOW "made simple")

On Feb 21, 5:29*am, Hawke wrote:
If it's a proven fact that man
is causing global warming by burning fossil fuels that will mean a
global switch away from those fuels. That will damage or destroy the
fossil fuel industry. Companies would do a lot to prevent that, right?

Hawke

I think companies would do a lot to prevent the destruction of the
fossil fuel industry. But I do not think they are worried about that
happening. We could not survive without the petroleum products used
by cars, trucks, railroads, airplanes and ships.
The same applies to coal fired electricity plants. And then there is
lubricating oil and grease. And plastics such as nylon, orlon,
polyethelene. Shingles and asphalt for roads.

The amount of diesel fuel needed by the ethanol industry is about the
same amount of energy as is in the ethanol produced.

Dan