Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Garage Door Maintenance Questions

On Feb 20, 5:39*pm, rlz wrote:
On Feb 20, 3:29*pm, AI wrote:

My garage door isn't as smooth and quiet as it used to be. *Not that
it was that quiet in the first place. *It uses the chain mechnism,
instead of one of those bolt setup.

But now, I often find it to jerky and harsh when I open or close it.
There is a sticker on the door left on it by the company which
installed it and says to call every year for its annual service.

But was wondering if any of you happen to know what the typical garage
door maintenance involves and would like to see if I can do them
myself? *This is what I have,http://www.garagehowto.com/overhead-door-python-2.html

Any input, suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated on
this. *Thanks for your time and courtes

On a yearly basis, I spray Garage Door Lubricant (which can be bought
at most Home Improvement stores) on the outer rails where the roller
slides. *I also spray the chain mechanism track. *I check the actual
door panels to make sure all bolts are tight. *That's it for
maintenance, except replacing the light bulbs when they burn out. *I
don't what else a repair company will do if it's working and just
squeaking a little.

Rob

Thats about all I do also, A couple of years ago I did replace the
rollers with ones with nylon wheels. Super quiet now.
Check alignment of the tracks. I think wife bumped mine a couple of
years ago and knocked it ut a hair

Jimmie