Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Kitchen Corner Cabinet solution

I have been dealing with a kitchen design that bega for three corner
cabinets or a better solution.

I generally favor the diagonal front base cabinets as I fabricate my
own counters and can turn a corner with a single 4x8 05 5x10 sheet of
goods - avoiding the corner seam.

But they have some new post-formed counters at HD and Lowes of late
that got me thinking of replacing the "corner" base and wall cabinets
with a tall pantry another poster mentioned in this thread. But, where
that one suggested a slinding door, I figured the diagonal front would
do nicely enough - though both of the "solutions" traded in 4 SF of
counter real estate.for the accessible storage.

The diagonal front provides an opening about 18" wide. I suspect that
the interior shelving could be designed with a "pull out" center
section on fully extensible sliders.

Illuminating the interior might be neatly accomplished with a fixture
in the inside front above the door opening operatd by a switch
activated by the opening of the door.

I'm still debating the idea as, one on each end of a 10' wide kitchen
space is "a bit much" and may make the space feel altogether too small
and confined.

But, being able to use simple seamless sections of ready-made post-
formed mica counters does have its attractions.