Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for GU-10+C bulb

This summer, I got a Portfolio model 16032 light fixture that has four
halogen bulbs. One of them just gave out, so I went to replace it.
The bulb is 50W GU-10+C, but the replacement GU10 bulb I got gave off
a very different light from the ones that came with the fixture.
After looking closer, I could see that the bulbs that came with the
fixture have a clear collar just over the porcelain base but the
replacement's reflector covered much of the collar. As a result, the
original bulbs illuminate the glass quite a bit and the replacement
looks very dim.

I'm guessing that that's what the "+C" stands for on my bulb. I've
now been to about 4 places and no one seems to carry a clear collar
bulb. I'd rather not replace all four. Does anyone have a suggestion
as to where I might get a proper replacement?

*Your best bet is to search online. You could also try the lamp
manufacturer.