Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Follow up on the Multimaster post

On 2/20/10 1:38 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
wrote in message
On 2/20/10 1:24 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
"Lee wrote in message

wrote in message
m...
wrote:
If you aren't ready to jump on the bag o' tools that Ridgid is
offering that has a multitool in it, you might want to check out HF's
new variable speed multitool.

They have it on sale now and it is a pretty nice looking machine.
Seems better built that the Rockwell (Sonicrafter ?) machine and comes
with a pile of blades in a compact case. Sale price is $49.

Where did you discover this tool and its sale price?

HF's main page and search engine don't seem to know about it.

HF had a flyer in the local paper that showed this item. But you are
right. It is hard to find. They give it some kinda funny name. Probably
appease the competition's lawyers.

Here it is, right on the opening page. They call it a multi-function
power
tool.

http://www.harborfreight.com/

Nope.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=67537
--

Sure, but the point I was making was that there is a particular name for the
tool. I asked for it before and nobody would give it to me. And if you LOOK

The problem that Bub had, just as I had, was that everybody refers to this
item as a "Fein knockoff". And it may be that, but HF would never call it
that or acknowdge that what it was. So it is very helpful if people give
the actual name of the item. It makes it much easier to find. I looked for
it before and could not find it. I think that the only reason I found it
recently is because HF is actively promoting this item and I finally got to
see it and a name for it.

But you didn't find it. You found the old one.
He was talking about the new variable speed multitool.

I cut and pasted "variable speed multitool" from his post, with Harbor
Freight, into google and there it was on the first page.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--