Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Kitchen Corner Cabinet solution

DerbyDad03 wrote:
(snip)

but is it worth the time and money? I'm
not sure.

I have loosely been following this thread, and tend to agree- it is much
ado about nothing. A properly done blind cabinet is great for those once
or twice a year items, and pulling the little stuff in front out of the
way to get to them is really no big deal. I find lazy susan corner
cabinets annoying, especially if they don't have the curved wall around
them. Stuff falls off and jams. Not a fan of dead spaces in kitchen
cabinets- that is where small creatures like to set up housekeeping. If
I was a woodworker by hobby rather than only when needed, I might be
tempted to come up with a creative solution, like making a hidey-hole
back in the dead corner for the safe or something. (false wall in the
back of the cabinet, held on by magnets or velcro.) What burglar is
going to empty kitchen cabinet looking for a stash spot?

Only kitchen I ever had that really irritated me, was a cheap apartment
where the kitchen was in the normal 'dining nook' area, because where
the kitchen normally went, was the boiler room for the building. (hey, I
was broke, and it was the cheapest they had vacant.) They didn't bother
to get a corner cabinet for this one-off application, they just
installed 2 normal base cabinets, and left the corner empty under the
counter. I left it full of empty jars when I left, stuffed through the
hole in the kick plate. Let somebody figure THAT out when they replace
those crappy chipboard cabinets in there.

--
aem sends...