Posted to rec.woodworking
SBH[_4_] SBH[_4_] is offline

Default somewhat relevent; Craig's List Follies again (For entertaiment purposes only)

"tom" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 6:49 am, marc rosen wrote:
Hey all,
Yesterday I posted and itme for sale on CL and I got the following
two responses. Some people never give up. I have to give them credit
on their originality. (Links deleted for your safety - and no, I did
not bother to check them out).
I thought if I did reply I would send them a link to a Youtube
broadcast of a similar machine (mortiser).
Read you all later and have a fun weekend.
Marc (Off
to Tenon- ville today)

Gday,

saw the AD you posted on craigslist and I'm very interested in
purchasing your item but I am not too sure if its the same type that
my cousin is after. Obviously I want to make sure before I commit
myself to buying it. Anyways here is a video link that I copied from
my son's computer "LINK" (if not work try "LINK"). Can you please
confirm its the similar type and reply back to me ASAP. Im willing to
pay more than what your asking for as long the item matches the video
description and you can reserve it for me.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers!

Jessica.

Gday,

saw the AD you posted on craigslist and I'm very interested in
purchasing your item but I am not too sure if its the same type that
my cousin is after. Obviously I want to make sure before I commit
myself to buying it. Anyways here is a video link that I copied from
my son's computer "LINK" (if not work try "LINK"). Can you please
confirm its the similar type and reply back to me ASAP. Im willing to
pay more than what your asking for as long the item matches the video
description and you can reserve it for me.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers!

Julie.

Yep, scammer time. I always omit my email address when posting to CL,
and that seems to weed out the undesirables. Tom

I do the same and rely on the default CL reply email, but I've received a
scam twice about a person who is overseas and wants to purchase for his son.
He'll send me more money than my asking price to cover the cost of shipping
and hassle. I'm sure it works for some, which is why they continue to use
that scam.