Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry[_2_] Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Injection molding forum?

On 19 Feb 2010 20:30:44 GMT, steamer wrote:

Pete C. wrote:
In that case, forget injection molding and think extrusion. You've got
something that's basically like a big T05 heatsink, so you should be
able to extrude as a complete part (no snap together) and then slice
into the appropriate lengths.

--The thought has crossed my mind but again it becomes a part best
made by experts and the price goes up accordingly. I want to do it all 'in
house' so's it becomes more cost effective. Die's almost done now; hope to
get some epoxy parts out of it soon.

Instead of epoxy, do a search for "casting resin" on Ebay. A
half-gallon kit is $30 (plus shipping), a two-gallon kit is $80. Much
thinner than any epoxy I've used so degassing may not be necessary,
hardens in about five minutes, no significant exotherm in small parts,
nice off-white color, tough product.

Just a satisfied customer.

Best -- Terry