Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Road tax for 2 days

The Medway Handyman wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"djc" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
"dennis@home" gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:
It becomes documented as un-roadworthy when it fails.
No, it becomes documented as having failed an MOT.
And somewhere on the MOT doc, as I recall, there is something
about it not being proof that the vehicle is roadworthy

But a fail notice is proof of it being un-roadworthy unless you appeal
against it and win.

Fraid not. You can fail on exhaust emmissions - they don't make the car
unroadworthy.

Depends on what you mean by road worthy.

Its certainly possible to have a car with e.g. binding brakes, which
wont stop from 70mph, but passes all the braking tests.

I had a car fail because the bonnet stay was not working properly.
Hardly a danger to road users. Only people looking under it...;-)

Its an MOT failure to not have correct number plates..they are not
dangerous either.

If you DEFINE 'roadworthy' to mesn 'capable of passing an MOT test' then
its a whole new ball game.