Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default mechanical zero on a small meter

On Feb 19, 11:06*am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:48:21 -0000, "N_Cook"
wrote:

Are you sure it is not erroneous electronics doing the sensing and actually
putting out some wavering DC instead of zero, rather than static
electricity. Monitoring terminals of meter with a DVM say

Getting to the meter terminals is a bit awkward but not impossible.
See photos at:
http://jan.kepic.cz/accessories/MFJ-259b/index.htm
http://fs.textcube.com/blog/0/281/attach/Xc2ili2zpJ.jpg

--
Jeff Liebermann * *
150 Felker St #D * *http://www.LearnByDestroying.com

It is static electricity. Try rubbing your friendly neighborhood cat
or dog and then put your hand on the meter face. I'd bet my pension
that you can move the needle from its normal zero point!