Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Burled Frau Burled Frau is offline

Default Climate Change for Wingers (IOW "made simple")

"Hawke" wrote in message
On 2/18/2010 6:05 AM, wrote:
On Feb 18, 1:28 am, wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that the experts are going
to say the same thing next year they have said for the last decade.
Global warming exists and man is doing it. Me, I'd rather be safe than
sorry. I don't know what you use for your logic. I can't find any.

Hawke

My guess is that next year they will be saying that Global warming may
exist and man may be doing it. As I see it now burning fossil fuels
ought to be producing some effect on the earths temperature, but it is
really hard to prove it.

Read Super Freakenomics. There is a section on global warming in it.
CO2 is not a major influence on global warming. Water Vapor is the
biggest factor, Methane is second. CO2 is a minor player.

Dan

I just watched a show called How the Earth Was Made. It was all about
climate change over the ages and specifically about ice ages. They had
geologists who were studying ice cores that were 2 million years old. It
was a good show. When you see how many years the earth was mainly covered
by ice it makes you wonder about global warming. Seeing all that ice makes
warming seem not so bad. My point is that we could have all the global
warming going on and then whatever it is that creates ice ages could come
into play and over ride the warming. If earth's orbit were to shift just a
little the planet could go back to being covered in ice. If the sun put
out less energy for a short time we could have another ice age. Any number
of things could trigger another ice age. None of that is happening now and
from the science collected over the last 20 years the data shows we're
getting hotter. I find it hard to believe that man's burning of fossil
fuels doesn't have any effect. I have seen what burning gasoline does in
L.A. so I can't believe we couldn't do the same thing planet wide. It's
hard to know what to believe when the anti global warming side is putting
out propaganda to support the energy industry. All we have to rely on is
what scientists tell us. I saw the geologists explaining how the landscape
of the earth was created by glaciers. I don't know otherwise so I take
their word for it. They know more than I do. It's the same with the global
warming. The scientific experts have said the planet is getting hotter for
20 years. I have to take their word for it. When there is proof showing
that's wrong I'll accept it. Until then I'll believe what the vast
majority of the experts say is true. And as long as energy producers have
a financial reason to make global warming seem false I'll be skeptical
about their arguments.

Hawke

Explain how burning gasoline in L.A. is making the planet Pluto hotter.