Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Doorbell Question

EileanDonan wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
Just playing with a troll. I don't think anybody is as stupid as the
OP is pretending to be.

I'm not the OP but I learned something from this thread so I'd like to
answer.

I don't think I'm stupid but when I was growing up I never had to worry
about wiring my Barbie Play House. Since I've grown up I've learned a lot
of skills that they never used to teach girls in school (such as running
electric fencing, defrosting frozen well pumps, wall repair, lancing an
abscessed hoof on a draft horse, helping a ewe give birth, running a
tractor, etc.) but I still haven't learned everything about everything yet.

Can you make a fine chocolate torte? Sew a set of drapes? Fix a complete
Thanksgiving dinner? We all have different skills that we bring to the
newsgroup and mine aren't quite up to snuff with the all the guy stuff yet
but that's why I am he to learn what I still need to know. Today I
managed to fix my own malfunctioning doorbell because of the nice link
someone provided.

BTW, I did think your answer was sort of amusing. But then I'm used to
newsgroup sarcasm and am not unduly alarmed over it. I just wanted to point
out that not everyone is just trollin' along...

Eilean

When I was a kid my mother told me something that I have applied to
almost every problem I encounter. "If it smells bad, don't eat it."

TDD