Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
SBH[_4_] SBH[_4_] is offline

Default Kitchen Corner Cabinet solution

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Feb 18, 9:28 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/18/2010 8:00 PM, SBH wrote:

Most of you may well be aware of the dreaded corner cabinet in kitchens
which require us to reach far in the back for those needed pots and pans
or
other items. I searched products made for this type of cabinet but they
all
come with a hefty price tag. Therefore, the obvious comes to mind about
the
capability to make my own.

The general idea is to build a shelf system for the back area with the
ability to roll forward and IMO, simple to build. But the dilemma is to
make
something which will allow the front shelf system to pull out and pivot
out
of the way for the rear items. Has anyone ever built a system for this
type
of cabinet? If so, would you share your layout and required hardware, as
well as any other info?

You don't have to make a blind corner cabinet. As long as you're
building your own and don't want to deal with the lazy susan situation,
you can do something like some of the options available here, with more
space to boot:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...cabinet&styp=m...

Watch the wrap ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I could be wrong , but I took the OP to mean that (s)he already has
the cabinet and is looking for plans for "retro-fit" shelving system,
like this sweet unit, but a tad less expensive:

http://www.kitchensource.com/pantry/ful-ksh6117.htm

Correct, DD. "He" already has the cabinet filled with a mountain of pots,
pans, lids, etc with very little degree of organization.

Purchasing anything over $100 is not in my plans when I believe I can make
something a better fit for about the same or less.

One idea is to have a sliding shelf system on a slightly raised platform for
the rear. The front (in front of door opening) would have a sliding system
to come straight out, but the trick is to get it to pivot to allow clearance
for the rear sliding system. The raised platform for the rear would allow
the track to hover over the front track system or, an idea of mounting front
tracks on the side of the cabinet (one higher and one lower) then pivoting
when extended.