Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Doorbell Question

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:29:46 -0500, EileanDonan wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
Just playing with a troll. I don't think anybody is as stupid as the
OP is pretending to be.

I'm not the OP but I learned something from this thread so I'd like to
answer.

I don't think I'm stupid but when I was growing up I never had to worry
about wiring my Barbie Play House. Since I've grown up I've learned a lot
of skills that they never used to teach girls in school (such as running
electric fencing, defrosting frozen well pumps, wall repair, lancing an
abscessed hoof on a draft horse, helping a ewe give birth, running a
tractor, etc.) but I still haven't learned everything about everything yet.

Can you make a fine chocolate torte? Sew a set of drapes? Fix a complete
Thanksgiving dinner? We all have different skills that we bring to the
newsgroup and mine aren't quite up to snuff with the all the guy stuff yet

If I see a rod accross the top of a window, I can figure out it is
for drapes.
If it's thankgiving day, and there's a raw turkey in the kitchen, I
can figure out that perhaps it's for the dinner.

Asking if wires behind a doorbell button might be for a doorbell was
****ing stupid. It is not reasonable to equate the realization that
the wires behind a doorbell button are for a doorbell with cooking a
chocolate tort.

The reason I asked this question is because my house has electrical
switches all over. The previous owners who built the house loved
Christmas. They had all lights hooked up to these switches.

Two switches are on the inside wall, right behind the door bell push
button. This is why I asked. For all I knew, messing with these wires
could get me into trouble, as they may be related to the electrical
switches.

I am not always very good at explaining myself, but hope you get the
idea. As you can see, I am at a total loss when it comes to electrical
stuff.