Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Legal question? ? ?

Ray wrote:
We have six units, but the meter in question is the single building-wide
meter which measures gas supplied to water heater and furnace.

I've taken the bill to the meter, and the meter number is absolutely the
same as the one on the bill.

What differs is the meter readings -- their readings are altogether
different, and wildly erratic, from the reading on the meter itself.

Have you asked the utility specifically to take a visual at the meter at
the same time they read it electronically? Seems that would be a
reasonable request. I would also make the specific request in writing,
send certified mail and keep copies. It's a tad frightening to
contemplate a huge bill coming along some day and one would reasonably
expect that if there is a large sum billed someday that your notice to
them would limit your liability.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Not an attorney. But, my utiltiy company used to
let you read and report your own meter reading
every other month or so. I remember, when I was a
teen, it was a lot of fun to read the gas meter,
and mail in the form.

My bill has the "meter number" which is inside the
glass, by the reading dials. Perhaps you're
reading the wrong meter? Take your bill, in hand,
and go check the numbers. That might be the
confusion.

You mentioned six units in your place?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ray"
wrote in message
news

There's no question that the meter readings differ
consistently from the
ones reported on the bill.