Posted to free.uk.diy.home,alt.home.repair
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Two different ends of the gas elbow

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Feb 19, 11:43 am, "john bently"
wrote:
Just replacing the kitchen gas hob for a new one. It comes with
right-angled pipe (an elbow), one end of which goes into the
hob and one end
into the copper supply pipe.

The *threaded* part of one end of the right-angled pipe is
about 4mm longer
than the threaded part of the other end.

Would it be the *longer* threaded part that goes into the hob
or the
*shorter* threaded part?

Since I was supplied with a rubber washer to go into the hob
connection
joint, should I use gas tape on both the threaded ends of the
right-angle
pipe. Thanks for advice.

Your messing with gas not knowing what you are doing probably
justifies the rules of gas fitting only being done by qualified
engineers. Do your family a favour pick up the phone and call a
"Gas safe" gas fitter.

Mike