Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default What is the trick to replacing rechargeable batteries please?

On Feb 19, 10:54*am, Amanda Ripanykhazov
wrote:
I am hoping this question isnt too basic for this forum but I am
trying to replace some rechargeable batteries (in a Roomba: I
understand that generally only one or two start malfunctioning over
time and that it is usually the same one). It MUST be easier than I am
finding it.

Two cautions: if this is a battery of multiple cells in series, you
must
replace ALL cells at once. It is important that all the cells have
the same batch number and age if they are charged and discharged
in series.

Second caution, the contents of these (NiCd or NiMH) is a caustic
liquid, buy tabbed cells rather than trying to get the case up to
soldering
temperature. The tab ends can take solder temperature or spotwelding
without hazard.