Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
tom koehler tom koehler is offline

Default To sell or keep

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:43:15 -0600, col wrote
(in message
):

I have turned now for 15 years but i now turn out a bowl, goblet or
similar mainly in spalted wood, I look at it and cannot part with it.
Each one is like a painting, the spalting is nature, the creation is
me. I did sell my turnings over the internet but I probaly broke
even. So I cannot part with my creations, they fill every shelf, Oh
**** where will my next one go. I really cannot part with them.!
Woodturning is peacefull until you get a dig in, then its xxxx, but
so rewarding, you sit down, pour a wee dram and say i turned that bit
of tree into piece of art. To turn a piece of waste log into a piece
of beauty I love. Woodturning is about inspiration, love of wood and
relaxation.
My thoughts as i so love wood
Col

I know what you are saying, or at least I believe I do. I have found that I
enjoy giving my stuff to friends and relatives. It is about as satisfying as
keeping what I've made, because I know where it is and who has it. Once in
awhile I will make something, with no particular goal in mind... and then
something will turn up - either a birthday of someone close, or maybe someone
close to me is involved in a fundraising event or charity, and voila - I have
something they can have. It is a little easier for me to part with something
I've made, under circumstances like that. Yeah, otherwise I have a lot of
round wooden stuff in the house, too.
tom koehler

--
I will find a way or make one.