Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Injection molding forum?

Pete C. wrote:
In that case, forget injection molding and think extrusion. You've got
something that's basically like a big T05 heatsink, so you should be
able to extrude as a complete part (no snap together) and then slice
into the appropriate lengths.

--The thought has crossed my mind but again it becomes a part best
made by experts and the price goes up accordingly. I want to do it all 'in
house' so's it becomes more cost effective. Die's almost done now; hope to
get some epoxy parts out of it soon.

You could also just lathe and mill it with a 4th axis, taking a solid
plastic rod, bore the center hole on the lathe, then put in 4th axis on
the mill and mill the fins. A 24" rod should yield like 45 parts.

--Not set up to do this either. Sigh..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Blue Cross socks us
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : $23,000/yr!! ...