Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Some serious DIY modelling!

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 23:16:32 +0000, Dave wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

It was the turbo that kept catching me out....if I accelerated the way
I used to on the petrol one, I'd find it going much faster than I
expected, very quickly!

:-)

On the whole it goes much better than the petrol one did...and much
more economically, too.

I find I need between £10-00 to £15 pounds of fuel a week for pottering
around. After I got back with the daughters car 8 days ago, I had about
a quarter of a tank of petrol and had to put some more in a week later.
I only do about 120 to 130 miles a week. It uses far more petrol. Can't
wait to get my diesel back next week.

Yup. My petrol Galaxy did about 27mpg most of the time (a lot of short
journeys). The petrol S-Max raised that to 33mpg, and the diesel S-Max is
at about 40mpg, and more pleasant to drive. On a journey to the Lake
District and back, loaded right up with four passengers and camping gear,
it did 47mpg!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org