Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Kitchen Corner Cabinet solution

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Feb 18, 9:28 pm, Swingman wrote:
On 2/18/2010 8:00 PM, SBH wrote:

Most of you may well be aware of the dreaded corner cabinet in kitchens
which require us to reach far in the back for those needed pots and pans or
other items. I searched products made for this type of cabinet but they all
come with a hefty price tag. Therefore, the obvious comes to mind about the
capability to make my own.
The general idea is to build a shelf system for the back area with the
ability to roll forward and IMO, simple to build. But the dilemma is to make
something which will allow the front shelf system to pull out and pivot out
of the way for the rear items. Has anyone ever built a system for this type
of cabinet? If so, would you share your layout and required hardware, as
well as any other info?

You don't have to make a blind corner cabinet. As long as you're
building your own and don't want to deal with the lazy susan situation,
you can do something like some of the options available here, with more
space to boot:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...cabinet&styp=m...

Watch the wrap ...

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I could be wrong , but I took the OP to mean that (s)he already has
the cabinet and is looking for plans for "retro-fit" shelving system,
like this sweet unit, but a tad less expensive:

http://www.kitchensource.com/pantry/ful-ksh6117.htm

Looks exactly like what I thought he was describing. I'd imagine a home
made one wouldn't be easy.