Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Doorbell Question

AZ Nomad wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:29:46 -0500, EileanDonan
wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
Just playing with a troll. I don't think anybody is as stupid as
the OP is pretending to be.

I'm not the OP but I learned something from this thread so I'd like
to answer.

I don't think I'm stupid but when I was growing up I never had to
worry about wiring my Barbie Play House. Since I've grown up I've
learned a lot of skills that they never used to teach girls in
school (such as running electric fencing, defrosting frozen well
pumps, wall repair, lancing an abscessed hoof on a draft horse,
helping a ewe give birth, running a tractor, etc.) but I still
haven't learned everything about everything yet.

Can you make a fine chocolate torte? Sew a set of drapes? Fix a
complete Thanksgiving dinner? We all have different skills that we
bring to the newsgroup and mine aren't quite up to snuff with the
all the guy stuff yet

If I see a rod accross the top of a window, I can figure out it is
for drapes.
If it's thankgiving day, and there's a raw turkey in the kitchen, I
can figure out that perhaps it's for the dinner.

Asking if wires behind a doorbell button might be for a doorbell was
****ing stupid. It is not reasonable to equate the realization that
the wires behind a doorbell button are for a doorbell with cooking a
chocolate tort.

I'd suggest that the OP was merely being thorough - giving us all the available
data as well as she could. I could also suggest that your response was "****ing
stupid" in addition to obnoxious and crude.