Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Sketchup hep?

I actually have some experience with high-end 3D modelers also such as
SolidWorks or Inventor (which is probably a problem for a Sketchup
user). In that realm, I would use the profile cut on the stile to
"subtract" the profile from the rail where it intersects, a boolean
operation in technical terms. Does Sketchup do something similar?

If I understand you correctly, I would draw the profile of the cut on
the end of a stile, opened for edit, then use the "follow me" tool to
effect the profile the length of the stile.

Might want to practice and review some of the "follow me" tool tutorials
and see if that does what you want.

Caveat: I may be missing your point here. Sorry

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08