Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default For those waiting to pull the trigger on a MultiMaster style tool

On Feb 19, 10:44*am, Swingman wrote:
On 2/19/2010 9:35 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I find Ridgid tools very uneven. Their drill press is fabulous, their
latest version of the 6" ROS and their trim routers suck. I have zero
confidence in Ridgid products.

I have Ridgid 13" planer for about 7 years that I've been very happy
with (now watch, the next time I fire it up it'll explode").

But most of their hands tools have too much of the China stink about them..

As to the Ridgid warranty ... if the tools dies, you better be able to
prove it was "materials or workmanship", which leaves them a BIG out,
otherwise when the tool dies, the warranty dies with it.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

I much rather deal with the smell of sauerkraut.
*cough*F*cough*e*cough*s*cough*t*cough*o*cough*o*c ough*l*cough*