Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Doorbell Question

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:24:02 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:44:23 -0800, wrote:
My home is 11 years old, and it came with a battery-operated doorbell
which has worked great, but now it needs replacing.

I noticed when I took the old push button off by the front door that
there is a red and a white wire behind the button. Does this mean the
house is wired for a wired doorbell? The back door area has the same
colored wires.

No, those are for the furnace, or possibly phone service. Where'd you
get the crazy notion that wires behind a doorbell button might be for
a door bell?

Hi,
Quit playing silly games. You are too old for that.

Just playing with a troll. I don't think anybody is as stupid as the
OP is pretending to be.