Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Samsung plasma TV PS-42V4S

powerampfreak wrote in message
On 19 Feb, 10:30, powerampfreak wrote:
Hi all.
I've a plasma TV which has a problem with the picture. If you think of
verticle lines through the entire screen, I would say the 1st, 5th and
10th is not lit. BUT, menus and on-screen displays work perfect giving
a correct picture. But which ever input source I choose, (both scarts
or composite video) the picture will have the "vertical lines"
problem. So, why is OSD and menus work ok? There has be something in
the scaling / picture generation parts.
Anyone know of something useful where to check?
Best regards
PAF

Need to describe the problem better: There are a lot of vertical lines
on the screen not lit at all. I would say 1st, 5th and 10th.. and it
all repeats again.
So most of the picture is there but is loosing some lines in every
inch of the screen from left ro right.

Are you saying there must be no problem with the final demultiplexing
chippery at the screen as the Menu/OSD display comes up fine?