Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT Road tax for 2 days

"Adrian" wrote in message
"dennis@home" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

Driving a car with faulty lights is a crime, even if you don't have
them turned on!

I notice you didn't respond to Adrian's point about the windscreen.

Yes I did.

"Ask a copper?" is not a response.

Let me remind you...

Let me remind you...

asking an expert is a proper answer.

As what *you* quoted says, its an MOT failure.
It doesn't become un-roadworthy if it fails an MOT it already is.
It becomes documented as un-roadworthy when it fails.
Will a copper do you for it? well ask them.
While you are at it ask your insurance what the cover is on an MOT failed
vehicle, I would be interested to know what different companies say.

Perhaps an even clearer example - the windscreen on my car is
currently cracked, following a stonechip the other weekend. The crack
is into the wiper swept area by just over 40mm. It is, therefore, an
MOT fail. It's barely visible to the driver, as it's behind the
mirror. It contributes nothing to the structural strength of the car,
as it's an older-style gasket-mount windscreen, not bonded.

Is the car unroadworthy?

If I took it for an MOT this afternoon, and it failed, would it be
unroadworthy afterwards?