Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default removing old toilet question- dont want to install new one just yet..

wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:14:39 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 06:34:04 -0800, Ed Mc
wrote:

KOS wrote:
Hi, want to remove an old toilet so that I can have access to
repair the bathroom walls. Once I remove the toilet is their a
device that I can buy to put over the opening so that gasses dont
get released into the bathroom.. I dont want to install a new
toilet just yet, I have work to do on the walls. Thanks
KOS

Cut a piece of 1/2' plywood to cover the flange and put a couple
holes in it. Make a gasket to put between flange and plywood then
bolt it where the toilet bolts down.

3/4" plywood would be stronger.

Carbon fiber and epoxy molded to an exact airtight fit may be called
for here. And don't forget about sensitive methane monitoring
equipment!

Ehhh...just thread it and screw on a cap. Use a rag inside too

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at