Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Cherry Bookcase Finished

On 2/18/2010 7:43 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:
On Feb 18, 8:36 pm, Morris wrote:
On 2/18/2010 4:12 PM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Hey Gang,

I finished my cherry bookcase. Not my style at all, but I enjoyed the
process.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Bookcase.php

Let me know what you think.

It looks good - the tapered flutes came out well, and it looks better
than it would have with the dovetails you'd considered - but I don't
understand the rounded over trim piece in the last photo...

The trim goes around the perimeter of the bottom shelf. The bottom
shelf rests on the front and back rail and ledgers left right. There
was a little gap left right that I wanted to hide. The trim
accomplished this task.

mode=diplomatic

I like everything /else/ - really well.

--