Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Some serious DIY modelling!

geoff wrote:
In message , Clot
writes
dennis@home wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

Yes I work in physics and computers.

That, with your blinkered attitude explains why you do not
understand how slavish adherence to speed limits is dangerous!

He should understand that there is but one universal speed limit

anything else is just modelling

Dennis is just jealous of people who have cars that can actually reach
the NSLs

One bright, sunny day when the sun was overhead, the road surface dry and
warm with were few vehicles on the road, I inadvertently did 80 in mine
going down a hill on a motorway! dennis wasn't there, thankfully.

Recently, during the great snow of 2010, I started out from home in my car
to shop in town. I had a bend and a road junction ahead to contend with
which was fairly obscurred. I had slowed down and had the vehicle in a
higher gear than I normally would in order not to skid. A driver coming from
the right on the major road that I was approaching, decided to turn left
into the road I was on. But more than that the driver wished to collect a
freind from the house on the left hand side of the junction and went
straight across in front of me. Foretunately, I was prepared and whilst
already using the engine to reduce speed, then lightly applied my brakes and
turned the car into the kerb. Doing only 10 -15 mph , there was no damage to
my steering and the silly B had a comfortable shock.