Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Soldering Iron Recommendations?

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:34:33 +0530, "pimpom"
wrote:

Oppie wrote:
"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in message

I was just trying to solve the Zen puzzle of how one would fix
soldering station with itself.

Sort of like when your reading glasses break, how can you see
to fix
them...

Some people have backup glasses (I do).

Those of us who are myopic just get closer (though there are limits,
especially when cutting, grinding, soldering etc.)

Some people have backup
soldering irons (I have a $3 non-temperature controlled piece
that I'm quite skilled with).

I could even dig up an old, essentially unused, Weller soldering gun
if I had to. Or a fairly decent butane powered soldering iron.

Years ago I bought a cheap soldering gun (god only knows why!), a few weeks
later someone donated a nearly new genuine Weller - I can't recall ever
having used either!