Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Mag light corrosion (some metal content)

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:42:14 -0500, GeoLane at PTD dot NET
GeoLane at PTD dot NET wrote:

snip
Rayovac is the one major brand I don't trust. I had a Rayovac AAA
leak in my autodarkening welding helmet. Given my druthers I get
Duracell or EverReady's

I've had both Duracell and Energizer batteries leak and ruin
flashlights and other stuff. If it is really bad damage I
pack it up and send it to them. Received a $20 check for my
ruined Mini-Mag (back when they used to sell for that much)
and another time they sent me a replacement battery operated
35mm slide viewer. If the damage is only minor I clean it up
myself. These were batteries that still had a good charge
and were within their "use by dates" (shrug).

So far I haven't had any serious problem with Rayovac. I
always try to buy batteries that have a damaged device
replacement warranties...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b