Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Warm Front article on BBC News tonight

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
More complaints about 'cowboys' doing bodged installations of new boilers.

The defence from the company Eaga was roughly 'Nobody can guarantee to get
things 100% right but where there are problems we will fix them'.
There have been over 170,000 installations under the scheme.
Fairy snuff.

Government comment was roughly 'Nine out of ten customers are satified'.

So that is 17,000 dissatisfied customers then?

Any scheme which causes problems for 10% of the customers is not a very
good one.
Service levels and satisfaction in industry these days are generally
expected to be over 99%.

Cheers

Dave R

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8486495.stm refers, with a slight
difference on the figures. 2 million helped over the last 10 years and 90%
would recommend the scheme to a friend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ow/7892169.stm also
refers. The figure given here is 1 complaint in 200 and half a million
customers in the last two years. The differing figures are probably
because Warm Front covers various things from added loft installation to
boiler replacement.

But the people that use warmfront are getting their install for free or
heavily discounted. These are the sort of people that most likley to
complain.

Having done a lot of grant work myself I can split the customers into two
groups.
The needy and the greedy. The second group will always complain.

Adam