Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roof tar repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:08:33 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

During the recent heavy rain in Southern CA, our office warehouse
experienced some leaks that seem to coming down around a small pipe
that runs up through the roof. I went up on the roof today and noticed
that the tar around the copper pipe seems to be cracking and lifting
up. Can someone recommend a product to easily patch it? I have
enclosed 2 pictures of the area and the pipe of interest. The
photo-1.jpg picture clearly shows the tar lifting up on the lower
right corner of the copper pipe.

http://www.sopmedia.com/sopguest/roof/photo.jpg
http://www.sopmedia.com/sopguest/roof/photo-1.jpg

Thanks a lot...

Bulldog WetStik if you can still get it in California.
It is a fibrated plastic roofing cement that will stick to wet
surfaces.