Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PVC waste pipe leak

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 12:59:33 -0800 (PST), auggie
wrote:

On Feb 12, 1:24Â*pm, krw wrote:
I have a leak in the drain line from one of the upstairs bathrooms in
a wall in the kitchen. Â*Without opening the wall, my guess is that the
screw that holds the wire shelves in the kitchen was put where it
shouldn't have been. Â*Is there an easy way to repair a hole (#8 screw,
perhaps) in PVC pipe? Â*If this is the issue, a small hole and a repair
isn't going to be a real big deal. Â*If I have to cut a section of pipe
out and fit new it may be. Â*The pipe goes into the concrete slab about
2' below where I think the leak is. Thanks.

dont know if you fixed it yet but i repaired a pvc waste pipe that was
leaking at one of the glue joints with elmers epoxy glue, the bottle
has a blue bull on it. it dries hard as a rock never cracked or
leaked.. been 2 and half years now.

I've repaired a leaky DVW pipe with a couple coats of PVC glue - it
"solvent welds" the crack closed just like assembling fittings.