Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Video of Shop Made Sacrificial Fence Clamps

On Feb 16, 11:33*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:

*"I need to figure out a way to make something like that work with my
Unifence." Rob Leatham

I made one using a block of wood and two cheap pistol grip clamps ($
0.99 @ HFT). The next size up clamp might prove better for the (larger/
thicker) Uni-Fence. I like the PG Clamps as they aoffer a "quick
release" button that, combined with the pistol grip clamping action,
makes attaching and adjusting the SF a snap - as opposed to using
"wing nuts" and the like.

From what I can see of the video,the OP is taking a similar approach
but using a "bolt-on clamp" to hold the SF to the blade side of the
fence in the same manner my modified Pistol Grip Clamps employ (rod on
clamp that slips into quarter-inch hole drilled into SF block).

I'm on Dialup so YOU TUBE is impossibly slow. I have some pictures if
anyone is interested - send me an e-mail. If anyone can tell me where
to upload them for this group, I will try that.

My approach requites fixing a quarter-inch steel rod/dowel to the end
of the bar clamp after removng the "factory" end. Then, you slip the
dowel end into the SF and the clamp over the saw fence and clamp in
place. So simple a cave man could do it.

http://s462.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=sacfence.gif

The link, above, may work. Lemme know