Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default OT Road tax for 2 days

On 17/02/2010 18:56, Dave wrote:
Invisible Man wrote:
Car tax runs out the end of this month.

Car being traded in on 2nd of next month.

Don't suppose DVLA's computer would overlook the 2 days and doubt
whether the garage will backdate their ownership of the car.

Looks like the best option is to drop the car off on the 28th and
manage without until the new one is available on the 2nd.

Don't really want to tax for 6 or 12 months and get 5 or 11 months back.

Any other ideas?

TIA for any.

According to our son who is a member of Manchester police, the DVLA, nor
the police would get involved until after the time that it takes for the
DVLA computer to catch up. I don't know the number of days, but I would
expect it to be more than two. The police can phone insurance companies
up, but that is subject to even longer delays.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I am not so worried about getting pulled over or having the
car picked up by a camera. I just think that if I send DVLA notice that
I sold the car on the 2nd they will want an explanation of where it was
for the 2 days since the road fund license expired.