Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

jamesgangnc wrote:

Right now it's not an even comparison. But I think you'll all agree
we're closer to the end of reasonably priced gas than we are from the
beginning. No matter how much you think is left it's definitely a
finite resource.

The SUN is a finite resource!

Just yesterday:

"HOUSTON - ExxonMobil Corp. added two billion barrels of oil equivalent to
its proved oil and gas reserves in 2009, or 133 per cent of its production
for that year, the largest U.S. oil company said Tuesday..."
http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...#ixzz0fnNPrPNg

That is, Exxon FOUND a third more oil than they recovered.

On the other hand there are all sorts of potential
new sources of electricity. Many that are of limited practicality
right now have potential to become more practical either because of
technology improvements or just volume increase. Most are "green" and
do not add to the carbon dioxide load. Like it or not the days of
gasoline powered transportation are numbered.

I agree. If you had asked the average New Yorker in 1910 what would
transportation be like in a hundred years, with a population increase of
five-fold, he'd have probably wondered a) Where would we get enough horses,
and b) What would we do with all the horse ****.

I'm personally rooting for teleportation.