Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Lathe chuck spindle attachment

On Feb 17, 2:20*am, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
...[4x6 bandsaw]...
....In any case
the accuracy will be limited by the vise which will need sorting out in good
time.
--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I added extra holes to the fixed vise jaw to move it closer to the
blade for sawing small pieces.

PS Finally I had a *good* look at your saw-mill. I do not think I understood
it before! Some piece of machinery!

Thanks.

PPS Apropos a comment you made elsewhere, Joss Whedon used to be great but I
was disappointed with the season 2 of the "Dollhouse".

He can write and direct a scene that's a gem of perfection, with
dialog and acting worthy of Tennessee Williams, but rarely can he
extend it to the whole episode. He writes for literate theatre/film
buffs who also understand science, and quite a bit of the humor goes
over the heads of a mass audience, like " ..makes Godot seem
punctual". I had to explain to the rest of the internet fans that the
time-stopping experiment on "Angel" was a Bose-Einstein condensate.

For a while Fox here ran Buffy and MASH reruns back to back, making it
easy to see how similar their best moments were, also that MASH was
forgettably weak at times too.

John Locke's current incarnation on "Lost" is straight from Buffy,
where the "First Evil", assumed but never stated to be the devil, can
take the form of a dead person and tries to recruit followers or
subvert opponents by telling them whatever they want to hear.

jsw