Posted to alt.home.repair
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Removing old wallpaper- trying figure out what kind of paper this is- Japanes style? help

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:55:04 -0600, "ps56k"
wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"ps56k" wrote in
:

We are about to strip our bathroom....

thanks for the note on the Wagner Steamer..

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...tDisplay?store
Id=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100532752&N=10000003+5 2879
3+90401&marketID=90401&locStoreNum=8125

Next - I'll have to tackle the exposed wallboard..
which is to patch & feather
all the little areas where the paint & wallboard was pulled away
underneath the wallpaper in the first place.

This is one situation where priming before painting or re-wallpapering is
an absolute must. Doesn't mean you can be laxed on removing the residual
paste either!

yeah - I'm really over in another thread
about bathroom ceiling paint peeling off in sheets.

I'll use Kilz Primer around the room for any painted areas,
or just the Kilz Bathroom Paint.

That's not a good idea either. Kilz tends to crack or craze in this
situation (happened to us and it was a *mess*). This is a case where
a latex primer is a better idea. Actually, it would have been easier
to rip out all the sheetrock out of the bathroom and start over. :-(