Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blowing sawdust around

Bill wrote:

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
. ..

Well, since you brought it up, what don't you like about their privacy
policy?
I am not familiar with it, but I have been satisfied with their prices
and service.
I'm learning to be wary of 3rd party sellers.

Bill

Well, Bill, their basic policy is "whatever we find out from you, we own,
like it or not, and we can use it any way we like".

And it really creeps me out the way their tentacles spread out through
the internet. I'll be browsing on some site, Amazon far from my mind and
no evidence whatsoever that the site I'm on is affiliated with Amazon,
and before you know it Amazon will be giving me buying suggestions based
on products that I browsed on that apparently-unrelated site.

Give me the willies.

I think I fear Amazon much less in this regard than I do Google.

I've taken to using Bing.com and Ask.com as my search engines. Although I
do like the fact that Google has finally decided that maybe the idea of
censoring Chinese traffic and providing the Chi-coms with dissident
information kind of violates that "don't be evil" thing they promote.

Rob Leatham