Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Lathe chuck spindle attachment

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Feb 15, 9:39 pm, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

I found that an X-Y *vise* was capable of holding lathe tools quite
firmly
and take large cuts. Here it is with a boring bar holder I made:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2768312...zes/o/in/set-7...
Michael Koblic,

Very nice!

I traded away my X-Y vise and couldn't remember how far the ways
protruded beyond the jaws, so I didn't mention it. The one you have
looks to be of better quality, I bought mine around 1980 and it may
have been cast from leftover Great Leap Forward backyard iron.

I did not complain while I was using it. I got it on sale - cannot remember
where.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC