Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Photos to DVD

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:21:09 -0000, John wrote:

I am expecting to need it to be PAL compatible as a TV will be the
fall-back. I have Movie Maker.

Movie Maker will do what you want provided you don't want anything to
clever or captions/titles in particular places. The positions and how
they come and go on screen appears to be fixed for each of the
options provided. For my project I'd love a caption type "title" that
fades in and out rather than the simple cut that the only provided
caption type does. There are loads of whizzy animations that should
never have seen the light of day but very few options on simple basic
titles/captions.

I've yet to try burning this particular project to DVD but the kids
have done things in the past succesfully and the DVD playing in the
doemstic DVD machine. The gotcha is forgetting to finalise the disc
so that ordinary players can play it.

--
Cheers
Dave.