Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Drop in December new-home sales fuels concern over recent gains US economy grows at fastest rate in 6 years

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 13:56:42 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
snip
It looks encouraging. At $0.20/mile for battery replacement cost, we're not
there yet. And it's disconcerting that it's taken so long to get even close
to a viable battery. It makes me question what kinds of brick walls they're
really running into. They should have had this one licked 20 years ago, and
it shouldn't have taken billions of dollars to get there.

snip
==========
It may be due to the way the payout is structured. You pay for
"research," you get "research." You pay for results, you get
results.

Another approach is to implement Deep Throat's advice and "follow
the money." Who are the corporations and individuals who have
the most to lose if there is a significant shift away from import
petroleum based fuels? In many cases the major losers would not
be the oil companies, who can shift their output from fuels to
petrochemicals, but rather the commodity traders/speculators, mid
eastern governments, etc.

It is well to remember that vehicle fuel taxes provide a
substantial amount state and local governmental funds. How will
this revenue be replaced if electric cars are widely introduced?

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).