Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.home.repair

Default 90 amps for electric car charge!

On Feb 15, 6:41*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , wrote:

Also, the compare can't be made to a internal combustion engine car
getting 20MPG. * The electric cars are very small cars. *So, it should
be compared to cars getting 35-40 MPG. * You can get a bluetec
Mercedes diesel in that range that is a real car. * There are plenty
of other small cars capable of that mpg too, * * So assuming 35mpg, I
could drive at least 175 miles in a simlar car for the same $15 in
energy cost. * And those electric energy costs are largely derived
from cheap coal from existing plants which are not particularly
clean. *If we're to build anything remotely clean, ( think carbon
sequestration) you can expect the future energy prices to be way
higher. * Unless we come up for a solution on how to make the
electricity, you can't begin to compare costs moving forward.

That solution's already he nuclear.

I agree nukes would be a quickly available source of new energy.

But, by solution I mean something that the USA is ready to actually
implement now. Many of the same folks who cheer on the electric car
as some kind of miracle solution also will not let new nukes be built.
That gets back to what I said about needing to address the whole
equation, from electric car to where the power is coming from and why
you never see that discussed in the media. Only hype about the
clean, green electric car.