Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drop in December new-home sales fuels concern over recent gains

On Feb 16, 12:20*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I have two cautions about the whole thing. First, if the engineering at
market-determined prices was possible, it would already have been done.

Second, if we command the implementation of the things, we're likely to find
ourselves trapped in an uneconomic technology, with little gained except to
prove that we can do it. In that sense, it's like going to the moon. Having
done so, the question now is, "yes? And now what?"

I'll buy one when I can afford it. My family is a natural for even a
short-range electric. One of my neighbors in town has a Corbin Sparrow, and
she loves it. But I paid only a couple of thousand more for my Focus ZX3.
And I can drive that thing 400 miles on a tank, and often have to.

--
Ed Huntress

I agree except for electric cars being inevitable. There are several
competing technologies that could prevail instead. One is natural
gas. Either compressed or converted to LPG. Another is oil from
algae. Electric cars seem unlikely to ever be feasible in Wyoming,
the Dakotas, Texas, or Montana.

Dan