Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley Andy Dingley is offline

Default OT Not DIY Solar Panels

On 16 Feb, 12:49, "Vortex4" wrote:
"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

On 16 Feb, 11:40, "Vortex4" wrote:

PLUS you you buy less electricity in the first place

I buy most of my electricity at night. PV isn't going to dent that.

Of course it is. *All surplus electricity is EXPORTED to the grid.

In these situations your meter goes backwards (literally) and your bill
winds down.

Really?! Who'd have thought it!

So PV under FiT comes down to hard economics, rather than feelgood
about powering my personal zero-carbon toaster (et al.)

So what's the capital cost of PV, what's the unit value to me
(delivering it backwards through the meter), what's the likely system
lifetime, payback period and why on earth should I then take this
sizable sum of money and invest it in a tiny PV system on a roof under
UK weather? As opposed to, lets say, backing a three-legged donkey in
the Grand National.

Suggest you do some homework!

Suggest you learn to do some maths.